Specification of the metamodel
Modeling Tool Suite
Modeling Tool Suite: herramienta básica generada
Modeling Tool Suite: Escenario general
Modeling Tool Suite: Proceso de generación de código
Modeling Tool Suite: Generación básica de la herramienta
UML Profile: Infrastructure
UML Profile: Specification
iLAND- mIddLewAre for deterministic dynamically reconfigurable NetworkeD embedded systems (ILAND_ART-010000-2009-7)
- Lead Researcher: Marga Marcos - (01/03/2009 - 28/08/2012)
- Research Area: Smart & Flexible Automation Production Systems
- Funding Body: ARTEMIS and Ministry of Science and Innovation
The main objective of this project is to offer support to the dynamic behaviour of future embedded systems, known as cyber-physical systems, which are characterized by their heretogeneous devices with different resource restrictions and both functional and non-functional requirements. For this, we need to have mechanisms that allow them to adapt to their environment, such as connection/disconnection of devices, reconfiguration responding to alarms, soft degradation of functioning, etc. In order to meet these requirements it is necessary to combine technologies from different areas that are involved from the design stage of the systems to their implementation. Thus, one of the aims of the project is the development of an intermediate layer of software (middleware) that can extract the particularities of the subjacent infrastructure, allowing the composition and dynamic reconfiguration of those systems, so that its flexibility, scalability, and maintenance are improved. Another objective is to use technologies and methodologies from engineering based on models to support the developmental cycle of such applications.
Amongst the achievements of the project, we can highlight the following:
- Middleware based on components: implementation of middleware based on components that provide composition mechanisms and time restricted reconfiguration.
- Modelling approach: Definition of domain views (specification and infrastructure) and meta- models that take into account not only functional aspects of the applications, but also their non-functional aspects as well as the infrastructure of the system on which they are executed.
- Modelling tools: Based on the previous modelling approach, we have developed the subsequent support tool that guides the user during the specification and development of the applications, which also interacts with the middleware, abstracting the final user from its particularities.
This work has been funded by ARTEMIS (grant no. 10026), and the Spanish Ministry of Science and Technology (DPI2009-0812).