Agent-based middleware for QoS management in manufacturing systems
Finite State Machine for Mechatronic Component Agents
CPPS model included as an OPC UA specific layer
OPC UA Server Application Configuration XML File
Model-Based Approach for Process Monitoring in Oil Production Industry
Oil Production Process Meta-Model
Plant Topology Meta-Model
Plant Intelligent Devices Meta-Model
Plant Topology XML Model
Plant Intelligent Devices XML Model
Integrating dIstributed Intelligence and semantIcs for smart factory (SMART-i4.0 - DPI2015-68602-R)
- Lead Researcher: Marga Marcos - (01/01/2016 - 31/12/2018)
- Research Area: Smart & Flexible Automation Production Systems
- Funding Body: Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiviness
The combination of Internet, intelligent machines, production systems and processes has derived in the fourth industrial revolution. This time, physical world is being seamlessly integrated into the productive processes through the network. The ‘Industry 4.0’ concept arises as a way to face the challenges of the fourth industrial revolution. But this concept is much more than the ‘internet of things’ or smart factory (both included in industry 4.0), as it emphasizes the idea of consistent digitization and information exchange among the productive processes in an economy. foot live
In the context of industry 4.0, the project focuses on exploring the following main aspects for turning the concept into reality:
- How to achieve seamless integration for information exchange between the different stakeholders.
- To propose a generic architecture for giving coverage to different axis of integration. Specifically, integration of business processes with technical processes (B2P), horizontal integration - Machine to Machine integration (M2M) - demanding ad-hoc added value networks optimized in real time, flexible and having capacity to make decisions. And the end-to-end (E2E) axis – that focus on seamless integration of engineering tools used throughout the different phases of the product lifecycle.
- To use meta-modeling techniques and ontologies to transform raw data into value information.
The expected results of the project are:
- Definition of domain ontologies for the three different integration axis.
- A generic architecture offering services, methodologies, mechanisms and support at all integration axis.
- Proof of concept demonstrators that validate the approach as well as support methodologies and tools.
Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiviness (MINECO), European Regional Development Fund (FEDER)