ARQUITECTURA INTELIGENTE PARA LA INDUSTRIA 4.0: REALIMENTACION A TRAVES DEL FOG (RTI2018-096116-B-I00)
- Lead Researcher: Marga Marcos - (01/01/2019 - 31/12/2021)
- Research Area: Smart & Flexible Automation Production Systems
- Funding Body: Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities
The general goal of the project is to improve the efficiency, quality and traceability of production systems by means of introducing a high layer of control through the fog. In particular, the project will focus on the design and development of a complete architecture able to execute user-defined applications in terms of plant data acquisition, filtering, processing, establishing methods and developing tools for enabling fog-in-the-loop applications.
To achieve the general goal, the project targets a set of specific goals:
- Distributed intelligence towards Product Oriented Manufacturing. The goal here is to extend and generalize the MAS architecture result of the previous project and establish a methodology for customizing it at different levels (such as field, plant and fog). In this specific goal the generic architecture will be validated for the case of flexible POM (Product Oriented Manufacturing). The target is to achieve product-centric manufacturing by means of an agile production reconfiguration in response to demand changes, lot size-one demand or sudden resource failures.
- Massive plant data acquisition, storage, filtering and processing. In this specific goal container technology will be explored to support industrial communications, ubiquitous processing and technology independence. And distributed technologies, such as blockchain will be explored for supporting distributed storage. The target is to give support to applications functionality.
- Definition of process state aware applications (acquire-filter-process-feedback-to-plant). The use of model-based techniques will be explored to achieve different goals: separation of concerns for defining applications from the user point of view and with enough expressive power to specify reactive context-aware applications, allowing the feedback to the plant.
- Management of pro-active context-aware applications. This specific goal is devoted to analyze existing cloud container management and adapting them to meet the requirements of fog-in-the-loop applications taking into account aspects such as availability, data integrity, agile dynamic deployment, and low latencies. Customization of the generic MAS platform will be integrated with the selected cloud orchestrator to meet the requirements.
- Design of customizable platform and development tools. This specific goal integrates the previous 2 to obtain a model-based intelligent architecture and a tool suite supporting application definition, fog application generation and management.
- To introduce distributed intelligence in product-oriented manufacturing (POM) systems
- To introduce the fog as a higher layer of control giving birth to what we called “Fog-in-the-loop” applications.
Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities; European Regional Development Fund (FEDER)